Kirk Edward Gienty, age 60, of Portsmouth, died Friday, May 13, 2016, at Charlton Memorial Hospital of Fall River, MA.
Mr. Gienty served honorably in the US Army, and then served as MP for the National Guard after his discharge. He worked as the night custodian at Portsmouth Middle School for over 20 years and in his spare time was an avid fisherman and a member of the Tiverton Rod & Gun Club.
Besides his wife, Debra, he is survived by his daughter: Michaela Gienty of Portsmouth, RI, his sister Stacy Gienty Broussard of Ricefield, TN, his brother, Carl Gienty and his wife Debra of Middletown, RI; his nephew, Shawn Gienty and his niece, Lauren Gienty.
He was predeceased by his nephew, Mason C. Broussard.
Calling hours will be held on Friday, May 20, 2016, from 03:00pm-06:30pm, in the Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, with a funeral service to follow at 6:30pm in the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donation in his memory may be made to the Robert Potter League for Animals, PO Box 412, Newport, RI 02840.
The Latest From WUN
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record
- Living History Event brings re-enactors, spectators to Butts Hill Fort
- Opinion: Portsmouth voters must reject Question 2
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2