Betty Jean Archer, age 70, formerly of Colchester, CT, died Saturday, May 21, 2016, at home in Portsmouth, RI, after her courageous battle with pancreatic cancer. Betty (“Boop”) was born June 14, 1945, in Hartford, CT, the daughter of Dorothy G. (Goldfarb) Allard and the late Arthur G. Allard, Sr.
In her spare time she loved to crochet and knit, paint, and collect Beanie Babies. But most of all, she adored spending time with her 5 beautiful grandchildren.
The family would like to thank VNS of Newport and Bristol Counties, particularly her RN, Eileen Ryan, and her Home Health Aide, Barbara Levesque.
A memorial service in Connecticut will be announced at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Hospice at Visiting Nurse Services of Newport & Bristol Counties, 1184 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13