Newport City Hall will be closed on Wednesday, May 4, 2016 in recognition of Rhode Island Independence Day, a State holiday.
Rhode Island Independence Day commemorates the State’s independence from Great Britain on May 4, 1776.
May 4 is a state holiday in Rhode Island, State and municipal offices may be closed in other cities and towns also. However, stores and private business are usually open and public transit services run to their usual schedules.
City Hall will reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 5th.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup