Hop aboard an old-fashioned trolley and discover the past, present and future of conservation on Aquidneck Island.
Led by one of the Aquidneck Land Trust’s (ALT) expert staff members, the tours visit protected working farms, wildlife habitats, water resources, outdoor recreation areas and scenic vistas on the Island. The first tour of the season will be held Thursday, May 19 at 5 p.m. with additional tours being held on June 30, August 18 and September 22.
“Our trolley tours offer a great opportunity to discover first-hand the magnitude of ALT’s work,” said Chuck Allott, Executive Director, Aquidneck Land Trust. “Attendees will not only get a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most beautiful places on the Island, but they’ll also learn what’s at risk and what our organization is working hard to protect.”
ALT’s tours are open to public and are free for ALT members and $10 for non-members (exact change, check and credit cards are accepted). Tours leave from the ALT office, 790 Aquidneck Avenue in Middletown, promptly at 5 p.m. and return around 7 p.m. Light refreshments will be provided at Sweet Berry Farm.
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season