In a letter sent to alumni on Wednesday, St. George’s School announced that Bob Weston, Associate Head for External Affairs, had been place on leave in January after receiving “secondhand allegations” regarding the administrator’s “boundaries with students”.
The allegations and Weston’s future at St. George’s is pending the outcome of an independent investigation.
St. George’s first found themselves on the front cover of the Boston Globe back on December 15th in a story written by Bella English that included former students from the 1970’s that alleged they were sexually abused.
Our Ongoing Coverage
- St. George’s Lands on Front Cover of Boston Globe Today for Past Sexual Abuse Allegations
- Hundreds Sign Online Petition Asking St. George’s School to Take Action on Alleged Sexual Abuse
- Stage Crew Manager for Newport Folk & Jazz Festivals Tied to Alleged Abuse at St. George’s
More From What’s Up Newp
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup
- Obituary: Minnie Parker
- What's Up at The Wayfinder and Nomi Park: Rhode Race activities, poolside yoga, eats, cocktails, and more
- Out and About in RI - New Rules Weekend