In a letter sent to alumni on Wednesday, St. George’s School announced that Bob Weston, Associate Head for External Affairs, had been place on leave in January after receiving “secondhand allegations” regarding the administrator’s “boundaries with students”.
The allegations and Weston’s future at St. George’s is pending the outcome of an independent investigation.
St. George’s first found themselves on the front cover of the Boston Globe back on December 15th in a story written by Bella English that included former students from the 1970’s that alleged they were sexually abused.
Our Ongoing Coverage
- St. George’s Lands on Front Cover of Boston Globe Today for Past Sexual Abuse Allegations
- Hundreds Sign Online Petition Asking St. George’s School to Take Action on Alleged Sexual Abuse
- Stage Crew Manager for Newport Folk & Jazz Festivals Tied to Alleged Abuse at St. George’s
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle