Salve Regina University’s Environmental Club, in collaboration with Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation will be hosting a one-time screening of RE– USE! Because You Can’t Recycle The Planet as well as a talk back with director Alex Eaves as part of the University’s Earth Week celebration in The O’Hare Academic Building at Salve Regina University on Wednesday April 20th at 6 p.m. Admission is free and the event is open to the public.
“This film isn’t about our waste problem. It’s about solutions. And they are everywhere!,” Salve Regina University’s Environmental Club shared in the Facebook Event for the screening.
RE– USE! Because You Can’t Recycle The Planet follows Reuse Pro Alex Eaves’ cross-country adventure to the 48 contiguous U.S. states. On his journey, he finds endless reuse solutions for our waste problem that are not only sustainable, but many of which are easy and fun! And he learns just how reuse truly benefits “people, planet, and wallet.”
This event will include a screening of the film as well as a Q&A with director Alex Eaves, and aims to educate the community about ways to make a meaningful impact.
Alex Eaves is a self-proclaimed ‘Reuse Pro’ that lives and breathes the reuse lifestyle. After running award winning reuse apparel brand, STAY VOCAL, for 10 years, Eaves decided to take his reuse show on the road. And in April of 2013, he launched a successful Kickstarter campaign for his RE– USE! Documentary project.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13