The Arts & Cultural Alliance of Newport County (ACA) will be celebrating its 24th anniversary at its annual meeting this Thursday, April 28th at the Newport Art Museum, 6-8:30pm.
The evening’s program will feature keynote speaker Joan Abrams, Chair of the RI Council on the Humanities, who will review the Catalyzing Newport initiative; Olivia Kachingwe, Coordinator of the Health Equity Zone project, discussing the value of the arts in improving health outcomes in disadvantaged areas, the presentation of the annual Dominique Award for outstanding contributions to the Newport arts community and a review of the ACA’s many activities the past year.
There will also be a special announcement about the future of the ACA’s BridgeFest, a musical celebration held between the Newport Folk and Jazz Festivals, entering its 8th year.
The Choir School of Newport County, guitarist Thatcher Harrison and Madeline Kment of the RI Ballet Theatre will provide entertainment.
Complimentary refreshments and appetizers will be offered at a reception afterwards.
The event is free and open to the public, RSVP to email@example.com
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13