The Arts & Cultural Alliance of Newport County (ACA) will be celebrating its 24th anniversary at its annual meeting this Thursday, April 28th at the Newport Art Museum, 6-8:30pm.
The evening’s program will feature keynote speaker Joan Abrams, Chair of the RI Council on the Humanities, who will review the Catalyzing Newport initiative; Olivia Kachingwe, Coordinator of the Health Equity Zone project, discussing the value of the arts in improving health outcomes in disadvantaged areas, the presentation of the annual Dominique Award for outstanding contributions to the Newport arts community and a review of the ACA’s many activities the past year.
There will also be a special announcement about the future of the ACA’s BridgeFest, a musical celebration held between the Newport Folk and Jazz Festivals, entering its 8th year.
The Choir School of Newport County, guitarist Thatcher Harrison and Madeline Kment of the RI Ballet Theatre will provide entertainment.
Complimentary refreshments and appetizers will be offered at a reception afterwards.
The event is free and open to the public, RSVP to email@example.com
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch