Trinity Church, an historic Episcopal congregation in the heart of downtown Newport, is looking for a skilled Administrative Assistant to join our church staff. With well over three hundred years of history in this place, we are a well-established organization and, by the grace of God, are currently experiencing rapid growth in programs and membership. Are you ready to jump into a fast-paced environment that requires independent action as well as collaboration? Are you looking for a position that will challenge you? Can you maintain a professional demeanor and still have fun at work? If your answer is yes, we want you!
The Ideal Candidate Will:
• Be mature, professional, upbeat, energetic, and extremely organized.
• Have experience handling confidential information.
• Be able to effectively interface with other staff, volunteers, parishioners, visitors, and vendors.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
• Know how to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy, maintaining positive working relationships with all internal and external contacts.
• Be able to prioritize assignments and, when necessary, multi-task.
• Approach his/her work with a sense of ownership and personal initiative.
• Have some knowledge of or experience with the liturgy and traditions of the Episcopal Church and/or other Christian denominations.
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 10am – 2pm
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.