Sign up for What’sUpNewp’s free daily newsletter, we’ll keep you in the know!
It’s wicked good, we promise!
Trinity Church, an historic Episcopal congregation in the heart of downtown Newport, is looking for a skilled Administrative Assistant to join our church staff. With well over three hundred years of history in this place, we are a well-established organization and, by the grace of God, are currently experiencing rapid growth in programs and membership. Are you ready to jump into a fast-paced environment that requires independent action as well as collaboration? Are you looking for a position that will challenge you? Can you maintain a professional demeanor and still have fun at work? If your answer is yes, we want you!
The Ideal Candidate Will:
• Be mature, professional, upbeat, energetic, and extremely organized.
• Have experience handling confidential information.
• Be able to effectively interface with other staff, volunteers, parishioners, visitors, and vendors.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
• Know how to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy, maintaining positive working relationships with all internal and external contacts.
• Be able to prioritize assignments and, when necessary, multi-task.
• Approach his/her work with a sense of ownership and personal initiative.
• Have some knowledge of or experience with the liturgy and traditions of the Episcopal Church and/or other Christian denominations.
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 10am – 2pm
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.