The Department of Public Services and its contractor, Narragansett Improvement Company, are scheduled to begin road work on Farewell Street from Broadway to Marlborough Street on Monday, April 11, 2016.
What to Expect:
Farewell Street will be closed to all thru traffic and a detour will utilize Washington Square and Meeting Street. The project includes the removal of the pavement, the installation of a binder base course of asphalt, the removal of damaged selected sidewalk panels, resetting of curbing, placement of new concrete sidewalks, and the installation of the final top course of pavement. During construction be advised that access will be limited and on-street parking will be restricted between the hours of 7 AM and 4 PM from Monday through Friday, or as otherwise posted.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals