The most expensive property currently available for purchase in Rhode Island? Forbes and Trulia collaborated to come up with The Most Expensive Listing in Every State 2016 and a home in Newport is still the priciest in Rhode Island.
Seafair, located at 254 Ocean Avenue, priced at a cool $19 million takes the top spot for the most expensive property currently available for purchase in Rhode Island. Lila Delaman Real Estate has the listing HERE.
Property Description on Forbes: Featuring a crescent-shaped main house, Seafair—a nine-acre property in Newport built in 1936—provides 15,851 square feet of living area with eight bedrooms and 14 baths. Among the home’s well-preserved spaces are a main salon and formal dining room with Louis XVI detailing, a grand staircase featuring wrought-iron railings, and French doors that lead from the main salon to the adjacent seaside loggia. Newer spaces include a chef’s kitchen, a paneled library, and a den with a full bath. Upstairs lies eight en-suite bedrooms including the luxe master suite—replete with a sitting room, his-and-her walk-in closets, an oceanfront terrace, a fireplace, and a marble bath—plus a billiards room and ample storage.
How does the rest of New England look? New Hampshire’s most expensive listing is $10.9 million, Vermont is $12.5 million, Connecticut is $65 million, Maine is $10.9 million and Massachusetts is $35 million.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend