Tanya Kelley and Howard Newman from the Historic Newport Town Spring Leadership Committee joined me on The Open Forum on 1540 AM WADK Newport on Tuesday afternoon to discuss the launch of the planning and design of the Historic Newport Town Spring and the public informational meeting that was set to take place on March 1st at the Colony House in Washington Square from 6-7:30pm.
Joining me at 1:30pm on the show was Jim Goldman, a certified CPA from ElderCare of RI.
Listen To The Podcast:
12:30pm – 1pm
1pm – 2pm
The site of the Newport Historic Town Spring is the former location of the freshwater spring around which the original settlement of Newport occurred and where subsequent events of historic significance were enacted.
The Newport Spring site is located at the corner of Touro and Spring Street in Newport on the former site of Coffey’s gas station. The design team, headed by L+A Landscape Architecture of Newport, RI will be facilitating a public planning process that will result in a master plan for the site.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more