Effective Monday, March 11th parking once again became restricted along Broadway, from Quality Park to Oak Street, through mid-June.
Construction will be taking place Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., yet parking will not be restored at the end of each work day. Activities will include the installation of new curbing, sidewalk, lighting, and parking areas.
Because of the limited parking on Broadway, the front parking lot of the Newport Police Station at 120 Broadway will become available to the public for two hour parking daily from 8am thru 6pm, beginning on March 17th at 8am until further notice.
Signs have been posted in the front parking lot of the Newport Police station, the Newport Police Department would like to remind everyone that the parking lot in the rear of the police department is still restricted to Police Vehicles and police
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf