A popular place to be and part of Yesterday’s & The Place has found a new home in Rhode Island.
Vintage Cigar Lounge has confirmed that they will use “the original bar” from Yesterday’s in their new upscale lounge that will open at 47 High Street in Westerly on May 1st, 2016.
Yesterday’s closed after 42 years in business in Washington Square on September 26, 2015. Nearly 100 people including previous employees, local business owners and memorabilia collectors attended an auction held by Salvadore Auctions, Inc. on Saturday, October 26th to bid on everything from beer taps to chairs to the framed photograph.
The auction brought in approximately $28,000, the bar in what used to be called “The Place” (front room) fetched $1,700, while the bar in the main restaurant brought in $2,000.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso