Discover the best events, activities and things to do during March in and around Newport, RI.
(In chronological order)
1 – Battle Chefs
Tuesday at 8pm at The Revolving Door Restaurant
Rhode Island’s best chefs go toe to toe weekly and are dealt an exotic secret ingredient and 45 minutes to impress the crowd and judges. $20 per person (includes 1 drink)
2 – Eat, Drink & Connect
Wednesday from 5:30pm to 7:30pm at Cru Cafe
Take a night and enjoy networking over great food and drinks! Cru will be hosting the Newport County Chamber’s Emerging Leaders Young Professionals Group. Join us on March 30th! More Info & Tickets
3 – Hotel Viking Craft Beer Dinner
Wednesday at 6pm at One Bellevue
Hotel Viking Chef Barry Correia and his team will offer a menu designed to pair with brews from Narragansett Beer. Priced at $39 per person, each dinner showcases an innovative menu paired with craft beer. For reservations, call 401-848-4813.
Appetizer: Pulled pork with arancini and jalapeno aioli
Entrée: Jerk chicken with corn bread and seasonal slaw
Dessert: Dirt pudding chocolate layered love
4 – Milk & Honey Wine + Cheese Pairing
Thursday from 6pm to 7:30pm
Join Newport Vineyards for a winter warmer evening as their wine and cheese experts take you on a journey through Milk & Honey cheeses paired with Newport Vineyards wines. Dine at Brix following the class to cap off the night in front of their fireplace. Tickets
5 – Springtime Wine Tasting
Thursday from 6pm to 8pm at Newport Athletic Club
Come join Vickers’ Liquors for a Springtime Wine Tasting at The Newport Athletic Club. Fun Wines, Organic Wines & Sparkling, will be sampled! Light Fare Food will be provided as well! Cost is FREE!!!
6 – Historic Newport Spring Community Design Workshop
Thursday from 6pm to 9pm at Thompson School
The second community meeting is an opportunity for you to participate in developing ideas and public consensus for the design direction of the Historic Newport Town Spring site. Please attend if you can. This meeting is a unique event and your input is greatly appreciated.
7 – Newport Night Run
Friday at 7:30pm
Newport’s only nighttime race will be held on April 1 and will once again benefit the Newport Public Education Foundation This year’s event will feature a brand new 5k course and a lovely April 1st date. We hope you can join us for this rewarding event! Registration is now open!
8 – Live Improv Comedy with The Bit Players
Friday at 8pm at The Firehouse Theatre
RI’s most award-winning comedy troupe hits the stage with their hilarious improv show full of larger than life characters, hysterical musical numbers, & the quickest wit you’ll ever see EVERY Fri & Sat night at 8pm. If you are going for a special occasion & would like a person(s) of honor to be part of the show let us know in advance. We will create a customized game just for your group! We encourage ALL guests to buy tickets online, shows often sell out. All shows are BYOB! Laugh More.
Live Music, Entertainment & Comedy Listings
- Diegos: Trivia at 9pm
- Fastnet: Live music with The Ubiquitones from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Fifth Element: Live music with The Groove Merchants from 7pm to 10pm
- Midtown Oyster Bar: Live music from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with Julio Amaro from 6pm to 9pm. No cover.
- Empire Tea & Coffee (Broadway Location): Acoustic folk jam at 7:30pm.
- O’brien’s: Trivia at 9:30pm
- Wharf Pub: Open Mic at 8pm.
- Buskers: Open mic night with Mike Warner from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Fastnet: Pub Trivia at 9pm.
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Live music at 8pm
- Norey’s Star Restaurant: Live music with at 9pm. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with The Throttles from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Sardella’s: Live jazz music at 7:30pm. No cover.
- Tavern On Broadway: Live jazz music at 7pm.
- Celtica: Trivia at 9pm
- Hibernian Hall: Live music with The Playboys at 6pm.
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Open mic at 9pm.
- Norey’s Star Restaurant: Live jazz music at 7:30pm. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with The HonkyTonk Knights from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Speakeasy: Live music with Justin Pomfret at 9pm.
- Wharf Pub: Bingo at 8pm
- Buskers: Live music from 9pm to 1am. No Cover.
- Celtica: Karaoke at 10pm. No cover.
- Clarke Cooke House: DJ & Dancing in the Boom Boom Room from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Firehouse Theater: Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at 8pm.
- Hotel Viking (One Bellevue Lounge): Live music from 7pm – 11pm.
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Live music with at 9pm.
- Jo’s Bistro: Live music with John & Joanne from 7pm to 10pm. No cover.
- Midtown Oyster Bar: Live music at 10pm. No cover.
- Newport Blues Cafe: Live music at 9pm.
- One Pelham East: Live music at 9pm.
- Parlor Bar & Kitchen: Live music at 9pm.
- Speakeasy: Live music from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Tavern On Broadway: Live Reggae music from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Wharf Pub: Live music at 8:30pm. No cover.