Join Bobb Angel and me (Ryan Belmore) on St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) as we broadcast live from 12:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. at Midtown Oyster Bar.
Whaler’s Brewing Company, Midtown Oyster Bar and 1540 AM WADK will be teaming up to raise money to help support Newport’s Ancient Order of Hibernian’s Pipes and Drums.
Newport’s Ancient Order of Hibernian’s Pipes and Drums have been invited to participate in a parade of pipe bands to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of Ireland’s 1916 Easter Rising. The parade is one of many events to commemorate this important event in Irish history. The parade is being organized to honor those who fought for Ireland’s independence during the 1916 Rising and will be held in Dublin on March 26, 2016.
Stop by Midtown Oyster Bar on Thursday, March 17th (the “real” St. Patrick’s Day) between 12:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. for some great food (like a Corned Beef Sandwich), Irish fun, fundraising, music and a chance to win a stay at the Irish Village on Cape Cod.
The day will include conversation with Newport Irish Heritage Association, Museum of Newport Irish History and more.
Whaler’s Brewing Company, one of Rhode Island’s newest breweries, will be on hand from 2pm – 4pm with samples and giveaways. $1 from every bottle of Whaler’s sold will also benefit Newport’s AOH Pipes & Drums band.
Midtown Oyster Bar is located at 345 Thames Street in Newport, RI.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now