The Alliance for a Livable Newport (ALN) will be holding its first Public Forum of the year when leaders of Newport’s public schools provide highlights of their 5 year Strategic Plan currently in development.
The ALN Forum will provide the public the opportunity to learn about latest developments and advances our schools have made and the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
Forum: What the Future Holds for Public Education in Newport
- DATE: Thursday, March 10, 2016
- TIME: 6:00 – 7:30 PM
- LOCATION: Pell School 35 Dexter St., Newport, RI 02840
The Newport school district includes the Claiborne Pell Elementary School (Grades PK-4), the Frank E. Thompson Middle School (Grades 5 – 8), and the William S. Rogers High School and Newport Area Career & Technical Center (Grades 9 – 12). Over 2,000 students are enrolled in these schools. At $38 million, our schools represent the city’s largest annual expenditure. http://npsri.net/
The evening’s presenters include:
- Jo Eva Gaines; Chair – School Committee
- David Hanos; Vice – Chair, School committee
- Colleen Burns Jermain; – Superintendent, Newport Public Schools
- Jennifer Booth; Ed.D – Assistant Superintendent, Newport Public Schools
- Joan Tracey; Director of Administrative Service/Business Manager, Newport Public School
- Fran Eames; Director of Human Resources, Newport Public Schools
- Allynn Grantham; Director of Student Services, Newport Public Schools
After presentations, the audience will have an opportunity to ask questions.
All ALN Forums are videotaped and appear on the ALN website at http://newportalliance.org/ and on COX TV, Channel 17.
THE ALLIANCE FOR A LIVABLE NEWPORT
For over 10 years, the Alliance for a Livable Newport has promoted and enhanced the quality of life in its city by providing an unbiased resource for information on issues facing our community.