Carson Will Host Constituent Event on March 5th
Representative Lauren H. Carson (D-Dist. 75, Newport) will host a constituent meeting Saturday, March 5, at 10 a.m. in the program room at the Newport Public Library, 300 Spring St. The event was originally scheduled Feb. 8, but had to be rescheduled due to inclement weather.
[contextly_auto_sidebar] The event is open to all of her constituents in House District 75, and the discussion will be about the start of the 2016 legislative session, issues that are likely to face the General Assembly this year and Representative Carson’s current legislative initiatives.
“Conversations with constituents are critical to my work in the House. In order to represent my constituents effectively, I need their input about the issues before us. I want to keep them informed about what’s going on at the State House, too. Small group discussion and one-on-one conversations that take place at events like this are some of the easiest ways citizens can engage in the legislative process and make a difference,” said Representative Carson. “This is my seventh constituent meeting since taking office in January 2015. Hosting constituent meetings is the centerpiece of my connection to the district.”
Representative Carson is planning additional constituent meetings throughout 2016.
If the weather is questionable, check her website for any schedule changes at www.laurencarson.com. To find out your legislative district and other information about your local, state and federal elected officials, visit https://sos.ri.gov/vic/.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)