Discover the best events, activities, live music, entertainment and things to do to do this week in and around Newport, RI.
1 – Free Ice Skating
Monday from 5pm – 9pm
ALEX AND ANI invites you to skate for FREE on Monday nights!
2 – Cocktails Wars
Monday at 9pm
The 3rd edition of Cocktail Wars, the competition that challenges the area’s best bartenders, has retured to the Gas Lamp Grille. At Cocktail Wars, participating bartenders will have no idea what liquor they are going to be required to use until the show starts. Once the liquor of the night is revealed, the bartenders then have 20 minutes to come up with their best concoction for the audience and judges.
The best part, you as an audience member get to sample all the drinks the bartenders create, for free! Every week a 3rd guest judge will be selected from the audience and the audience counts for 25% of the vote.
Cocktail Wars will take place every Monday from January 18th until the finals on February 29th. The event is free, intended for those 21+, feature’s a cash bar and Gas Lamp Grille’s kitchen is usually open until about 9pm.
3 – Brooklyn Brewery Beer Dinner
Tuesday at 6:30pm
Midtown Oyster Bar will host Brooklyn Brewery’s very first beer dinner in Newport, the night will include a four course dinner and five beers. Reception will begin at 6:30pm and dinner will be served at 7:30pm. Tickets are $50 with taxes and gratuity included. Tickets available at Midtown Oyster Bar.
Keep an eye on the Facebook Event for more info and for the menu when it’s available.
4 – Ground Hog Day Dinner at Vanderbilt Grace
It is the time of year to decide if the winter was long enough. Join us for two special menus created for the day. Inspired by winter and spring. Enjoy your dinner with a glass of crisp white or velvety red wine. $55pp (exclusive of tax and gratuity)
5 – Live Improv Comedy with The Bit Players
Friday at 8pm
RI’s most award-winning comedy troupe hits the stage with their hilarious improv show full of larger than life characters, hysterical musical numbers, & the quickest wit you’ll ever see EVERY Fri & Sat night at 8pm. If you are going for a special occasion & would like a person(s) of honor to be part of the show let us know in advance. We will create a customized game just for your group! We encourage ALL guests to buy tickets online, shows often sell out. All shows are BYOB! Laugh More.
Live Music & Entertainment Listings – Newport, RI
- Diegos: Trivia at 9pm
- Fastnet: Live music with The Ubiquitones from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Fifth Element: Live music with The Groove Merchants from 7pm to 10pm
- Midtown Oyster Bar: Live music from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with Julio Amaro from 6pm to 9pm. No cover.
- Empire Tea & Coffee (Broadway Location): Acoustic folk jam at 7:30pm.
- O’brien’s: Trivia at 9:30pm
- Wharf Pub: Open Mic at 8pm.
- Buskers: Open mic night with Mike Warner from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Fastnet: Pub Trivia at 9pm.
- Norey’s Star Restaurant: Live music with The HonkyTonk Knights at 9pm. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with The Throttles from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Sardella’s: Live jazz music at 7:30pm. No cover.
- Tavern On Broadway: Live jazz music at 7pm.
- Celtica: Trivia at 9pm
- Hibernian Hall: Live music with The Playboys at 6pm.
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Open mic at 9pm.
- Norey’s Star Restaurant: Live jazz music with John Monllos at 7:30pm. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with The HonkyTonk Knights from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Speakeasy: Live music with Justin Pomfret at 9pm.
- Wharf Pub: Bingo at 8pm
- Buskers: Live music from 9pm to 1am. No Cover.
- Celtica: Karaoke at 10pm. No cover.
- Chanler at Cliff Walk: Live music with Dick Lupino & friends from 6pm to 10pm. No cover.
- Clarke Cooke House: DJ & Dancing in the Boom Boom Room from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Firehouse Theater: Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at 8pm.
- Hotel Viking (One Bellevue Lounge): Live music from 7pm – 11pm.
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Live music at 9pm.
- Jo’s Bistro: Live music with John & Joanne from 7pm to 10pm. No cover.
- Midtown Oyster Bar: Live music at 10pm. No cover.
- Newport Blues Cafe: Live music at 9pm.
- One Pelham East: Live music at 9pm.
- Parlor Bar & Kitchen: Live music at 9pm.
- Speakeasy: Live music with Chopville from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Tavern On Broadway: Live Reggae music from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Wharf Pub: Live music at 8:30pm. No cover.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now