The Newport City Council will host their regularly scheduled meeting on February 10th at 6:30 p.m.at the Pell Elementary School Cafetorium, 35 Dexter Street.
Heading to the public meeting? Here’s a quick round-up of some of the more interesting items that will be reviewed, discussed and introduced – the full agenda for the meeting is here. Can’t make it the meeting but interested in an item on the agenda? Click HERE to watch the live video of this meeting.
Contact information for the Newport City Council can be found HERE.
SPECIAL EVENT LICENSES
The Newport City Council will be asked to review and approve 8 special event licenses.
LICENSES & PERMITS
City Council will review two new victualing licenses and one move of a victualing license. More information about each can be found here….
- Two New Restaurants Coming Soon to Bellevue Avenue
- Mokka Coffeehouse To Move To New Space, Expand Offerings
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE CITY MANAGER
- Action#5491/16 re: Newport Substance Abuse Prevention Task Force – Proposal for Consulting Services – Base Line Measurement Tool (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5492/16 re: Award of Bid – Watersports Concessions at Easton’s Beach (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5493/16 re: Supplemental Agreement #2 – Decorative Street Light Maintenance and Repair Services (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5494/16 re: Award of Bid – City Clerk Office Renovation Furniture, Furnishings, and Installation (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5495/16 re: Sakonnet Pump Station Building Modification and Maintenance Project – Change Order #1 (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5496/16 re: Proposal Award – Engineering Services – Water Distribution System Improvements (w/accompanying resolution)
DAILY LIQUOR LICENSES:
- a) Class F, Newport Art Museum, d/b/a Winter White Event, Newport Art Museum; February 28, 2016, from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- b) Class F-1, Preservation Society of Newport County, d/b/a Angela Moore Fashion Show, Rosecliff; July 7, 2016, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- c) Class F, Newport Festivals Foundation, Inc., d/b/a Newport Folk Festival, Fort Adams State Park; July 21, 2016, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and July 22, 23, 24, 2016, from 12:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- d) Class F, Newport Festivals Foundation, Inc., d/b/a Newport Jazz Festival, Fort Adams State Park; July 28, 2016, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and July 29, 30, 31, 2016, from 12:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Newport City Council Meetings
The Council’s regularly schedule Wednesday night meetings are first aired on COX Cable channel 18 at 8 P.M. the following night and then aired throughout the period until the next meeting.
Those start times are approximate and depend on preceding program lengths.They are listed on COX Cable channel 17. For special meetings and workshops, please check the program schedule on COX channel 17.
A DVD of each City Council Meeting is also available for viewing at the Newport Public Library.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)