February 29 – March 4th
Discover the best events, activities, entertainment, live music and things to do in and around Newport, RI this week!
Scroll down for live music, entertainment and comedy listings this week!
(In chronological order)
1 – Cocktails Wars
Monday at 9pm
The 3rd edition of Cocktail Wars, the competition that challenges the area’s best bartenders, has retured to the Gas Lamp Grille. At Cocktail Wars, participating bartenders will have no idea what liquor they are going to be required to use until the show starts. Once the liquor of the night is revealed, the bartenders then have 20 minutes to come up with their best concoction for the audience and judges.
The best part, you as an audience member get to sample all the drinks the bartenders create, for free! Every week a 3rd guest judge will be selected from the audience and the audience counts for 25% of the vote.
Cocktail Wars will take place every Monday from January 18th until the finals on February 29th. The event is free, intended for those 21+, feature’s a cash bar and Gas Lamp Grille’s kitchen is usually open until about 9pm.
2 – Bike Newport Night
Thursday from 6pm – 9pm at Midtown Oyster Bar
Join Bike Newport for our 5th annual midwinter bike party – it just keeps getting better! At Midtown Oyster Bar with help from Common Fence Music featuring Slackwater String Band and Los Duderinos! Challenge your friends to Rhode Island Bicycle Coalition (RIBike)’s VELOSPRINT Racing, Silent auction, raffles, cash bar and BIKE LOVE! And of course the annual tradition GRAND PRIZE BICYCLE – this year a Cannondale Quick 6 donated by Newport Bicycle – thanks Rob and Christina!
$20 admission includes food, fun, festivities, raffle tickets, bike love, and OYSTERS! All funds raised support Bike & Road Safety Education. Advance Tickets Available (see link above) or Pay at the Door.
3 – Friday Night Movie Night
Friday at 7pm at Kay Chapel at Hotel Viking
Friday movie night at Kay Chapel starts at 7pm (doors open at 6:30pm). Free valet parking, free movie and popcorn. Pre-movie Dinner Specials: free children’s entrée with each purchased adult entrée.
4 – Live Improv Comedy with The Bit Players
Friday and Saturday at 8pm and Saturday at 10pm
RI’s most award-winning comedy troupe hits the stage with their hilarious improv show full of larger than life characters, hysterical musical numbers, & the quickest wit you’ll ever see EVERY Fri & Sat night at 8pm. If you are going for a special occasion & would like a person(s) of honor to be part of the show let us know in advance. We will create a customized game just for your group! We encourage ALL guests to buy tickets online, shows often sell out. All shows are BYOB! Laugh More
Live Music, Entertainment & Comedy Listings
- Diegos: Trivia at 9pm
- Fastnet: Live music with The Ubiquitones from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Fifth Element: Live music with The Groove Merchants from 7pm to 10pm
- Midtown Oyster Bar: Live music from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with Julio Amaro from 6pm to 9pm. No cover.
- Empire Tea & Coffee (Broadway Location): Acoustic folk jam at 7:30pm.
- O’brien’s: Trivia at 9:30pm
- Wharf Pub: Open Mic at 8pm.
- Buskers: Open mic night with Mike Warner from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Fastnet: Pub Trivia at 9pm.
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Live music at 8pm
- Norey’s Star Restaurant: Live music with at 9pm. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with The Throttles from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Sardella’s: Live jazz music at 7:30pm. No cover.
- Tavern On Broadway: Live jazz music at 7pm.
- Celtica: Trivia at 9pm
- Hibernian Hall: Live music with The Playboys at 6pm.
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Open mic at 9pm.
- Norey’s Star Restaurant: Live jazz music at 7:30pm. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with The HonkyTonk Knights from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Speakeasy: Live music with Justin Pomfret at 9pm.
- Wharf Pub: Bingo at 8pm
- Buskers: Live music from 9pm to 1am. No Cover.
- Celtica: Karaoke at 10pm. No cover.
- Clarke Cooke House: DJ & Dancing in the Boom Boom Room from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Firehouse Theater: Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at 8pm.
- Hotel Viking (One Bellevue Lounge): Live music from 7pm – 11pm.
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Live music with at 9pm.
- Jo’s Bistro: Live music with John & Joanne from 7pm to 10pm. No cover.
- Midtown Oyster Bar: Live music at 10pm. No cover.
- Newport Blues Cafe: Live music at 9pm.
- One Pelham East: Live music at 9pm.
- Parlor Bar & Kitchen: Live music at 9pm.
- Speakeasy: Live music from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Tavern On Broadway: Live Reggae music from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Wharf Pub: Live music at 8:30pm. No cover.