The Newport City Council will host their regularly scheduled meeting on February 24th at 6:30 p.m.at the Pell Elementary School Cafetorium, 35 Dexter Street.
Heading to the public meeting? Here’s a quick look at the agenda and what items will be reviewed, discussed and introduced. Can’t make it the meeting but interested in an item on the agenda? Click HERE to watch the live video of this meeting.
Contact information for the Newport City Council can be found HERE.
DOCKET OF THE COUNCIL MEETING
The following items of business, filed with the City Clerk under the Rules of the Council, will come before the Council at its regular meeting to be held on February 24, 2016, at 6:30 p.m.
CITIZEN’S FORUM: (Speakers must sign in with the City Clerk). The Citizen’s Forum period shall be no longer than fifteen minutes and citizens may address the Council on one subject only and for no longer than three minutes. Issues to be discussed shall not include matters to be considered or discussed as part of the regular council agenda and must be related to substantive city business. No comments regarding personnel or job performance are allowed.
COUNCIL LIAISON UPDATES
1. PUBLIC HEARING:
1. PUBLIC HEARING:
Recommended FY2017-2021 Capital Improvement Program (The document is available on the City’s website at: www.cityofnewport.com; click on Departments, Finance, Finance Home)
– Memorandum from the Finance Director, re: proposed changes
2. CONSENT CALENDAR.
(THE CONSENT CALENDAR IS APPROVED IN ITS ENTIRETY UNLESS THE COUNCIL REMOVES AN ITEM FOR DISCUSSION. ALL LICENSES ARE GRANTED SUBJECT TO COMPLIANCE WITH ORDINANCES #31-80 AND #98-40.)
- Minutes of the meetings held January 13, 2016 and January 27, 2016 (Approve)
- Special Event Licenses:
1) Beechwood Foundation Inc., d/b/a Marley Bridges Theatre Co. -Mystery at the Museum: To Be or Not To Be, Newport Art Museum, 76 Bellevue Ave.; March 12, 19 & 26, 2016, April 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30, 2016 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
2) University of Rhode Island Alumni Foundation, d/b/a The Big Chill-URI Fundraiser, VUE Newport, 1 Casino Terrace; March 4, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
3) University of Rhode Island Alumni Foundation, d/b/a The Big Chill-URI Fundraiser, Rosecliff Mansion; March 5, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
4) Newport County Chamber of Commerce, d/b/a Women in Business After Hours, Elms, Bellevue Avenue; March 24, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
5) Rockstar Gym, d/b/a Battle on the Beach II, Rogers High School Auditorium; April 2, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
6) Rhode Island Brewers Guild, d/b/a 5th Annual Newport Craft Beer Festival, Great Friends Meeting House; April 30, 2016 from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
7) Waterfront Productions, LLC, d/b/a Great Chowder Cook Off, Fort Adams State Park; June 18, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
8) Mary Ann Martin, d/b/a Unique Boutique Craft Fair, Easton’s Beach Rotunda; November 12 & 13, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Private Detective License, Renewal, Ryan P. McCormack, d/b/a Coastal Investigation Group LLC, 433 Thames St., Unit A
- Communication from Sgt. Corey Huck, Chair, Aquidneck Island National Police Parade, requesting permission for the parade route in Newport, from the One Mile Corner to Washington Square, on May 1, 2016 (stepping off at 11:50 A.M. from 317 West Main Road, Middletown), and to be the parade’s sole vendor (Approve subject to details being worked out with the city administration)
- Communication from Clean Ocean Access, re: Civic Support Update-FY2015/16 Municipal Budget
- City of Newport Popular Annual Financial Report, July 1, 2014-June 30, 2015 (Receive) (The complete document is available on the city’s website: http://www.cityofnewport.com/departments/finance/budgets-cafrs-cips)
- Communication from John A. Murphy, Esq., Morneau & Murphy, Attorneys at Law, requesting on behalf of Conanicut Marine Services, Inc., permission for the ferries, The Jamestown and the MV Katherine, to sell alcoholic beverages dockside in conjunction with their State Class G Marine Vessel Beverage Licenses (Approve)
LICENSES & PERMITS
- VictualingLicense, Amendment, Newport Wine Cellar, LLC, d/b/a Le Petit Gourmet, 13 Memorial Blvd, re: request to add 8 seats (4 tables with 2 chairs each) and to change the d/b/a from Le Petit Gourmet to Newport Gourmet
- VictualingLicense, Renewal, Duckets, Inc., d/b/a Colonial Restaurant, 175 Memorial Blvd., Easton’s Beach Rotunda
5. APPOINTMENTS TO BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
Note: Vacancies currently or soon will exist on the following Boards and Commissions:
Accessibility Advisory Committee, Ad Hoc Committee on Waste Water and Storm Water Improvements, Affirmative Action Commission, Beach Commission, Charter Review Commission, Energy and Environment Commission, Finance Review Committee, Harbor Walk Commission, Historic District Commission, Hospitality Commission, Tree and Open Space Commission, Waterfront Commission
Cliff Walk Commission– 1 vacancy – Leslie Brooking-Elms
Canvassing Authority– 1 vacancy- Maxine Shavers
Cliff Walk Commission– Communication from Peter Janaros
- Surveillance Cameras– J. Florez, J. Napolitano, M. Camacho, K. Leonard
- Broadway Ad Hoc Committee– L. Ceglie, J. Florez, J. Napolitano, K. Leonard
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE CITY MANAGER
- Memo from the City Manager RE: Police Body Cameras
- Memo from the City Manager RE: City Property Leases
- Action#5497/16 RE: Award of Contract – Food and Beverage Concessions at Easton’s Beach (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5498/16 RE: Group Pricing – Cooperative Purchasing Agreements (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5499/16 RE: Award of Bid – Fire Station 5 – Radio Tower Improvements (w/accompanying resolution)