(Photo of Ballard Park via Friends of Ballard Park)
Scott Wheeler, Building and Grounds Supervisor/Tree Warden for City of Newport, stopped by The Open Forum on Tuesday, January 26th to discuss Newport Open Space Partnership, Newport Arboretum, the ongoing project to install an elevator at Newport City Hall and much more.
Wheeler joined me from approximately 12:45pm – 1:30pm, other topics on the show today were yesterday’s Bone Marrow Drive and the topics and news stories of the day.
- For the latest on Newport Open Space Partnership, head here.
- Here is the link for the Newport Arboretum page with the city bare root program and the free smaller container trees from the Tree Society. The city has already sold out of three species so now is the time for people to think about reserving a tree.
12:30pm – 1pm
1pm – 2pm
Listen to The Open Forum on 1540 AM WADK Newport every weekday afternoon from 12:30pm – 2pm!
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts