Discover the best events, activities and things to do in and around Newport, RI today!
Don’t miss some great live music, karaoke, trivia and comedy this weekend – Newport Nightlife Listings: Live Music, Karaoke, Trivia and Comedy (Dec. 11 – 13)
1 – Screening of ‘Elf’ (Dec. 13)
On December 13th at 1pm, the Memorial Funeral Home will sponsor a screening of Elf at Jane Pickens. This event will benefit the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center, bring canned goods for admission. MORE INFO
2 – Holiday Cookie Decorating (Dec. 13)
Cru Cafe will be hosting Holiday Cookie Decorating for kids under 12 on Sunday, December 13th from 2pm – 5pm.
Cru Cafe’s baker is baking up shortbreads and gingerbreads in holiday shapes for kids to head in and decorate and eat! Cru Cafe will be providing free coffee for the parents and free hot chocolate for the kids. Free hot chocolate will be served during the event.
The event is free and open to the public, Cru Cafe will be accepting donations for The Confetti Foundation at the event. The Confetti Foundation supplies party starter kits to hospitalized children. It was started in hopes that families would for 30 minutes of their child’s sickness, just stop and celebrate.
3 – Instameet
Newport Instagrammers are invited to join IGERS NEWPORT, the official Instagram of Newport, at Hotel Viking on Sunday, December 13th from 1pm – 4pm for an INSTAMEET. The event is free, open to the public and no registration is necessary.
Christmas In Newport Events Calendar
- (CIN) Artisan Craft Fair & Boutique Sale at Potter League for Animals, 10-5 p.m. 87 Oliphant Ln. Middletown. 846-0592 X116.www.potterleahgue.org
- (CIN) Visit with Santa Claus at Marble House, noon-3 p.m., Bellevue Ave. The jolly old elf will visit with children and hear their Christmas wish list. Refreshments. Regular daytime admission. For info. 847-1000. www.newportmansions.org
- (CIN) Christmas Open House at Glen Manor House, 2-4 p.m., 3 Frank Coelho Dr., Portsmouth. Local Talent, Santa arrives at 2:45 to greet children. Free. 683-4177. email@example.com
- (CIN) Community Chanukah events at Touro Synagogue, 2 p.m., a history “answer hunt” for children and adults at the Loeb Visitors Center. Free and open to everyone. From 3-5 p.m. a traditional Chanukah party at the Levi Gale House, 85 Touro St. Light the Chanukah candles and stay to enjoy the latkes, music, dancing, children’s entertainment and more. Free, reservations strongly recommended.
- (CIN) Christmas Choral Concert, 3 p.m., Ochre Court, 100 Ochre Point Ave. Performances by the Salve Regina Dept. of Music, Theatre and Dance. $8 general admission, $5 for seniors/students. 401-341-2295. firstname.lastname@example.org
- (CIN) Traditional Christmas Tea at St. Columba’s Chapel Parish Hall, 3-5 p.m.,Sittings at 3 & 4 pm, 55 Vaucluse Ave., Middletown. Bring your friends and enjoy an oasis of calm in a busy season. $12 adults, $5 children under 12. 847-5571. www.stcolumbaschapel.org
- (CIN) Blue Christmas, A Community Prayer Service of Remembrance & Peace, 4 p.m., St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 525 Broadway. Christmas can be a painful time for many. Discover hope and experience healing at this worship service and fellowship afterward. 846-9567. email@example.com
- (CIN) St. Petersburg Men’s Ensemble (Russia) In Concert, 7 p.m., Emmanuel Church, 42 Dearborn St. This ensemble will present a dazzling concert of Russian choral music and folk songs for the season. $20 suggested donation. 847-0675. www.EmmanuelNewport.org
- (CIN) Music of the Christmas Season, 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Broadway at Everett St. Brass, organ, handbells and vocal choir, and an opportunity to sing some favorite carols. Free. 847-1749, In the event of inclement weather the re-schedule date will be December 20th. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Polar Express, The Polar Express Train Ride on the Newport & Narragansett Bay Railroad runs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from November 20th through to Christmas. Trains depart each night at 4:30 and 6:30pm. On Saturday, December 5th, 12th, and 19th, trains depart at 4:30, 6:30, and 8:00pm. Each trip is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes long. All of our cars are heated and protected from the winter elements. www.newportpolarexpress.com