Photo: The Confetti Foundation
Did you watch the Annual Rockefeller Tree Lighting special on Wednesday night on NBC? If you did then chances are you probably caught the very special feature on The Confetti Foundation, a Newport-based non-profit organization.
The Confetti Foundation, located on Thames Street, supplies party starter kits to hospitalized children. It was started in hopes that families would for 30 minutes of their child’s sickness, just stop and celebrate.
The local non-profit and their great work caught the eyes of the Today Show and they did a feature story on them – Confetti Foundation throws birthday parties for sick children — 790, to be exact.
“Thrilled to be featured on Today Show! Learn more about how Stephanie started The Confetti Foundation and the ways it has directly effected children who unfortunately are hospitalized on their birthday,” the Facebook Page for The Confetti Foundation shared on December 3rd.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1