Photo: The Confetti Foundation
Did you watch the Annual Rockefeller Tree Lighting special on Wednesday night on NBC? If you did then chances are you probably caught the very special feature on The Confetti Foundation, a Newport-based non-profit organization.
The Confetti Foundation, located on Thames Street, supplies party starter kits to hospitalized children. It was started in hopes that families would for 30 minutes of their child’s sickness, just stop and celebrate.
The local non-profit and their great work caught the eyes of the Today Show and they did a feature story on them – Confetti Foundation throws birthday parties for sick children — 790, to be exact.
“Thrilled to be featured on Today Show! Learn more about how Stephanie started The Confetti Foundation and the ways it has directly effected children who unfortunately are hospitalized on their birthday,” the Facebook Page for The Confetti Foundation shared on December 3rd.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free