SUNDAY GALLERY SUNDAY was realized amongst a group of like-minded gallery owners and operators in Newport after attending several opening receptions and arts-oriented gatherings together in the fall of 2015.
The creators of this new event series will bring artists, artisans and art enthusiasts together while infusing the community with art, art viewing and education through self-guided options as well as a guided tour on the first Sunday of every month.
The event is FREE and tour goers are encouraged to start with a brunch at Stoneacre Pantry, just one of the businesses that support the arts within the community. The self-guided tour will have a map available at participating galleries and sponsors. Maps can also be see below and printed directly from the event website sundaygallerysunday.com.
This Sunday, at 1:00pm a guided tour will start at Stoneacre Pantry and move to Blink Gallery, Jessica Hagen Fine Art, Onne van der Wal and Kristen Coates. Tour goers are encouraged to visit every gallery listed on the map throughout the day.
The event will wrap with a lively Salon hosted by The Newport Art Museum Contemporaries and moderated by artist Rupert Nesbitt. Refreshments will be provided by Newport Wine Cellar & Le Petit Gourmet.
With a growing list of participants, now at 16, galleries include Kristen Coates, Blink Gallery, Cory Silken Photography Gallery, The Open Aperture Art Gallery, David Bruce Fine Art, Spring Bull Studio & Gallery, Ben Butler Gallery, Jessica Hagen Fine Art + Design, Roger King Fine Art, Onne van der Wal, Jeffrey Greene Furniture, Newport Scrimshanders, Tiffany Peay Jewel Box and Alloy Gallery.
Museums include the Newport Art Museum and The Redwood Library & Anthenaeum.
Sponsors include Bowen’s Wharf, Island Moving Company, Mapisart, Michael Paddon, The Newport Art Museum Contemporaries, Newport Wine Cellar & Le Petit Gourmet, Stoneacre Pantry, Trip Wolfskehl, WhatsUpNewp and Windy Films.
For details and to receive monthly invitations to future Sunday Gallery Sunday events visit sundaygallerysunday.com.
FREE ADMISSION! Rsvp for the Salon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who Should Go: Artists, artisans, art enthusiasts and anyone who enjoyed brunch, galleries, exploring Newport and supporting local!
- What: The creators of this new event series will bring artists, artisans and art enthusiasts together while infusing the community with art, art viewing and education through self-guided options as well as a guided tour on the first Sunday of every month
- When & Where: January 3, 2016 at 11:00am Brunch at Stoneacre Pantry, 12:00pm – 5:00pm Self Guided Tour Of Participating Galleries, 1:00pm Guided Tour Of Featured Galleries, Meeting Point: Stoneacre Pantry at 515 Thames Street, 5:00pm The Salon at Newport Art Museum.
Featured photo: The Redwood Library & Anthenaeum
The Latest From WUN
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health