Happy Christmas weekend to you! Here’s what’s happening happening for events, entertainment, activities and things to do in and around Newport this weekend!
Friday, December 25th
Bars & Restaurants That Are Open
- Benjamin’s Raw Bar – Closed during the day. Opening at night.
- Busker’s – Open at 5pm. Live music with Tim Taylor & Friends from 10pm – 1am.
- Clarke Cooke House – Open after 5pm.
- Fastnet Pub – Open from 5pm to 1am.
- One Pelham East – Pelham X-Mas Party with DJ Blacklist. No Cover.
- Pour Judgment – Open for cocktails around 2pm. Limited food from 5pm – 10pm.
- Speakeasy Bar & Grille – Open around 6pm
- Tavern On Broadway – Open 6pm to 1am
Saturday, December 26th
45th Annual Christmas in Newport Candlelight Tour of Historic Private Homes
4-7 p.m. Maps available at the Newport Visitor Information Center in mid-December. $3 per house, payable at the door of each house, different houses open each day of tour. 401-741-5920. No advance reservations are necessary.
Live Improv Comedy with The Bit Players
8pm & 10pm. RI’s most award winning comedy troupe hits the stage with fast paced, high energy improvisation. The shows are a lot like “Whose Line is it Anyway” with hilarious scenes, hysterical musical numbers & larger than life characters all inspired by audience suggestions. Got a group event? We’ll make it extra special, bring you on stage, make you a video, & so much more. Just let us know ahead of time. Every show is BYOB! Call now for reservations, shows sell out. Laugh More.
Holiday Evenings at The Breakers
6pm – 8pm. Live holiday music and refreshments. Adults $35 in advance, $45 at the door, Children 6-17 yrs. $10 in advance, $15 at the door. 847-1000 for reservations. www.newportmansions.org.
The Wasted Talent Show
7:30pm at Hope Underground. Comedians include Mike Murray- The Deaf Comic, Rick Canavan- The Comedy Studio, R.A. Bartlett – Rogue Island Comedy Festival, Lindsey Semple- The Comedy Connection, Richard Cyr- Joker’s Wild. More info
Sunday, December 27th
Road To Independence Walking Tour
11am. Riots and rebellions, enemies and allies! Learn about Newport’s role in the American Revolution. Presented by the Newport Historical Society. Departs at 11am. $15 per person, reservations suggested.
Ugly Holiday Sweater Date Night at Newport Skating Center
5pm. Get your ugly sweater on! And take a date that’s also supporting the worst of sweaters. It’s 2 for 1 admission! Wear your favorite ugly sweater for a cheap night out and tons of fun!
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author