(Photo of Claiborne Pell Bridge)
Discover the best things to do in and around Newport this week!
1 – Christmas at Newport Mansions (Dec. 14 – 17)
The glitter of gold and the sparkle of silver will dazzle you as you tour three magnificent mansions decked out in Yuletide finery. Music, tours, and spectacular decorations highlight the celebration of Christmas at the Newport Mansions. The Preservation Society of Newport County invites you to make holiday memories with your family by visiting The Breakers, The Elms and Marble House this holiday season – November 21, 2015 to January 3, 2016.
2 – 29th Annual WADK 1540 Christmas Concert (Dec. 16)
7 p.m. Newport Marriot, America’s Cup Ave. Featuring Marley Bridges Theater choral ensemble and Larry Brown’s Swinglane Orchestra. Free Admission. Donations of non-perishable food items accepted for local charities.846-1540.
3 – Emerging Leaders – Eat, Drink & Be Merry (Dec. 17)
Join your local young professionals from the Newport County Chamber Of Commerce at Salt Water for a holiday party! Come and see phase two of Saltwater! Enjoy a cocktail by the roaring fire, sample their amazing menu and meet and get to know other young professionals around Newport County! All are welcome to join! They encourage you to bring a nonperishable item as they will be helping to stock the shelves at the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center! Tickets are available on the Chamber website.
4 – Newport Run & Chug Holiday Party (Dec. 17)
Join Newport Run & Chug for their 5th Annual Holiday Party to benefit Bike Newport. They will have live music, great food (there is a $10 donation for the buffet), exciting raffle and silent auction items!!! All proceeds will be going to Bike Newport, and specifically they will be buying a deserving family of four bikes and associated accessories!
Christmas In Newport Calendar Of Events
Monday, December 14th
- (CIN) Christmas Concert for Charity, 6:30 p.m. at Jesus Saviour Church, 509 Broadway. Proceeds to benefit the needy in our community. Donation of $10. Wakefield concert Band performing. 401-390-1746. firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, December 15th
- (CIN) Caroling on Broadway from the Colony House steps to Equality Park, 3:30 p.m. Join the caroling with Christopher Carbone and the Off Broadway Neighborhood Association. Free. 401-481-5135. email email@example.com
- (CIN) Christmas Crafts at Homewood Suites, 5-7 p.m. 348 West Main Rd., Middletown. Enjoy free Christmas craft decoratingof the season, for children 3 and olderaccompanied by an adult. Call 848-2700 to make your reservation
- (CIN) 104th Annual Medieval Christmas Pageant, St. George’s School Chapel, 372 Purgatory Rd., Middletown, 7:30 p.m. Candlelit service of the portrayal of the Christmas story. Free. 847-7565. www.stgeorges.edu
Wednesday, December 16th
- (CIN) NOTE: RAIN DATE FOR “A Living Nativity” Presented by Cluny School, If it is cancelled due to weather on December 10th. See December 10th for details.
- (CIN) 29th Annual WADK 1540 Christmas Concert, 7 p.m. Newport Marriot, America’s Cup Ave. Featuring Marley Bridges Theater choral ensemble and Larry Brown’s Swinglane Orchestra. Free Admission. Donations of non-perishable food items accepted for local charities.846-1540.
Thursday, December 17th
- (CIN) Christmas on the Point, 7 p.m. Church of St. John the Evangelist, 61 Washington St. at Willow St. A merry concert of organ music, caroling, and traditional reading of the Christmas Story. Sugested donation $15, seniors/students $10, children ages 5-12 free. 848-2561 www.saintjohns-newport.org