Photo: Romeo & Juliet via wikimedia
The Jamestown Arts Center, located at 18 Valley Street in Jamestown, has announced the continuation of their partnership with the Brown/Trinity Rep MFA Programs with a fourth annual presentation of two Shakespeare plays.
This season the Brown/Trinity Rep MFA Programs presents The Tempest, directed by Kyle Vincent Terry and Romeo & Juliet, under the direction of Ashley Teague.
- The Tempest – Saturday, November 14 at 8:00pm
- Romeo & Juliet – Sunday, November 15 at 3:00pm
Both plays will feature a brief talk back. The running time for The Tempest is approximately ninety minutes. The running time for Romeo & Juliet is approximately two and a half hours with a 15-minute intermission.
Tickets are $12 for general admission and $6 for students and seniors. Tickets are available online (jamestownartcenter.org) and at the door
The mission of the Jamestown Arts Center is to engage, enrich and inspire our community through extraordinary arts and educational experiences.
“Watch out he’s winding the watch of his wit, by and by it will strike.”
When a king and his party’s ship are destroyed in a tempest storm, they find themselves stranded on an island ruled by Prospero, a man they betrayed years ago. Prospero harnesses mystical powers and the supernatural to get revenge while his daughter falls in love with one of the shipwrecked men. One of Shakespeare’s last works, The Tempest is a love letter to comedy, magic, romance, and art.
ROMEO & JULIET:
“What’s in a name? That which we call a rose, By any other word would smell as sweet.”
In a society that will not accept their love, two women from feuding families will stop at nothing to be together. This play is one of the most enduring love stories and greatest tragedies of all time.
More From What’s Up Newp
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup
- Obituary: Minnie Parker
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- What's Up at The Wayfinder and Nomi Park: Rhode Race activities, poolside yoga, eats, cocktails, and more