Photo of Bowen’s Wharf via Bowens Wharf
Your guide to Christmas Tree Lightings in and around Newport…
Looking for more Christmas and holiday activities? Check this out – > Calendar: The Best Things To See and Do in Newport County This Holiday Season
Saturday, November 28th at 6pm
- Duris Studios, located at 476 Thames Street, will host the 1st annual holiday tree lighting at the Courtyard on Thames. It will be a great day to explore the shops on lower Thames, see the fun and lovely new things in the shop and gallery, and to have some cider and cookies with them while we light the tree at 6pm! Throughout the day there will be opportunities to meet some of the artisans behind their handcrafted items, pick out that special jewel for under the tree, and to share in the spirit of encouraging a season of shopping small, shopping local, and shopping custom.
Tuesday, December 1st at 6:00pm
- Official Opening of Christmas in Newport at Washington Square. The night will feature a proclamation from the Mayor, tree lighting, Newport Artillery cannon salute and live entertainment. Free.
Saturday, December 5th from 4:30pm to 6pm
- Bowen’s Wharf invites you to bring the whole family to see Frosty the Snowman, Santa, and Mrs. Claus for an evening of Christmas cheer! Make a day of it and check off that holiday gift list at our retail shops! Festivities begin at 4:30 with Frosty the Snowman! The Christmas Carol Sing-a-long begins at 5 pm, the Mayor lights the tree at 6 pm immediately followed by Santa and Mrs. Claus arriving by boat (weather permitting). Join us for a magical evening of charm, fun, and good cheer! Restaurants & shops are open before and after the event.
Friday, December 11th at 5pm
- Newport Waterfront Events is ready to light downtown Newport’s beacon of seasonal cheer at their annual Tree Lighting Ceremony and Grand Opening on Friday, December 11th at 5pm at the Newport Skating Center! Celebrate with good cheer, hot cocoa and cookies, the debut of the Haven Brothers Concessions Food Truck, carolers, visits with Santa and the elves, skating performances with the Island Skating Academy and of course, they’ll get you out on the ice for your first skate of the winter. The festivities are hosted by Lite Rock 105. All ages are warmly welcome!
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season