This portion of the construction project, which was expected to last all week, was completed early due to favorable weather conditions and construction crews working hard to complete all tasks efficiently and effectively. The remainder of the work will be mostly done inside the bridge itself and will require minimal lane closures over the next 30 days.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend