The Newport Art Museum‘s art school, the Coleman Center for Creative Studies, is now enrolling students for holiday themed workshops in ceramics, calligraphy and painting.
The workshops, geared toward beginners but open to all levels, are designed to give students an opportunity to learn a new art making skill while creating holiday gifts. Those interested in ceramics can take Handmade Holiday with Charlene Carpenzano or Hand Built Holiday with Maggie Ramey, to create ornaments, plates and other items with clay.
Jeannine Bestoso will teach the art of fine lettering in Calligraphy Gifts, and Peter Dickison will instruct students painting ornaments in Hand Painted Holiday Miniatures. Registration is available online or by phone at 401-848-ARTS (2787).
Interested students should visit NewportArtMuseum.org for a full list of courses and details.
The Coleman Center is located at 26 Liberty Street, behind the Museum’s main campus at 76 Bellevue Avenue, Newport.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1