The Newport Art Museum‘s art school, the Coleman Center for Creative Studies, is now enrolling students for holiday themed workshops in ceramics, calligraphy and painting.
The workshops, geared toward beginners but open to all levels, are designed to give students an opportunity to learn a new art making skill while creating holiday gifts. Those interested in ceramics can take Handmade Holiday with Charlene Carpenzano or Hand Built Holiday with Maggie Ramey, to create ornaments, plates and other items with clay.
Jeannine Bestoso will teach the art of fine lettering in Calligraphy Gifts, and Peter Dickison will instruct students painting ornaments in Hand Painted Holiday Miniatures. Registration is available online or by phone at 401-848-ARTS (2787).
Interested students should visit NewportArtMuseum.org for a full list of courses and details.
The Coleman Center is located at 26 Liberty Street, behind the Museum’s main campus at 76 Bellevue Avenue, Newport.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf