The Newport Chapter of the Surface Navy Association invites you to join us for the 94th running of the SNA 5K By the Bay, a Newport Tradition. This semi-annual road race is held on scenic Naval Station Newport and is open to the public. The flat, fast course winds along Narragansett Bay with spectacular views of the Newport Bridge, Naval War College, Naval Station Newport, and Surface Warfare Officers School. The proceeds will benefit the Wounded Warrior Project and Surface Navy Association Scholarship Fund.
The Fall SNA 5K will be held on October 31st at 1000 starting with the Children’s Run. The 5k will start immediately following the Children’s Run. Since it is Halloween, runners are encouraged to wear costumes!
The best way to register and to learn more is to check out our website at http://www.sna5k.org/
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free