The Canfield House Restaurant & Pub last day open will be Saturday, October 31st.
The property will soon be purchased by the International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum.
The International Tennis Hall of Fame has stated plans for the property do not include operating it as a restaurant, they do intend to use the historic building.
The Canfield House, located at 5 Memorial Boulevard, has been a fixture in Newport since the early 1900’s.
A source tells What’sUpNewp that The Canfield House, Patrick’s Pub/Boca J’s and the Bed & Breakfast has been listed on the market “confidentiality” for several months.
Canfield House | 5 Memorial Boulevard | Phone:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday – Dinner for 2 with bottle of wine for $35
- Wednesday – Pasta Night at Boca J’s, 2 course dinner for $11.95
- Thursday – Burger & Beer Night at Boca J’s.
- Friday – Fish & Chips at Boca J’s for $9.95
This story will be updated as more information is received.
The Canfield House Restaurant & Pub joins five other long-time restaurants in closing permanently in the last 15 months; The Rhumbline, Yesterday’s and The Place, Atlantic Beach Club, Katrina’s Bakery and Ocean Breeze Cafe.
Content Presented By
The Latest From WUN
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health