What’sUpNewp has confirmed that Yesterday’s and The Place will close after 42 years of business on Saturday, September 26th.
Going into their 42nd year of business, Yesterday’s has been under the same ownership, has employed many locals and has seen many changes within themselves, the industry and Newport over the years.
The decision for the sudden closure of the restaurant comes with the recent sale of the building they are located in, their current lease and “because a restaurant isn’t in the new owner’s plans”, a person we spoke to at Yesterday’s told What’sUpNewp.
The new owners of 28 Washington Square have renovated the second floor of the building and plan on leasing it as office space and has plans to possibly make the first floor “high end retail”.
From their early years as a popular Newport nightclub, to hosting the cast and crew of Hollywood films like Amistad and Wind, Yesterday’s has been a tradition for both locals and visitors since 1974.
Yesterday’s will be open for lunch and dinner every day this week and is open from 11:30 a.m. – 9 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday; and 11:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Yesterday’s acknowledges that on Saturday, they may be open later then 10 p.m.
Yesterday’s ownership and staff shared that they hope that their beloved customers, neighbors, friends and YOU will stop in and say goodbye before they close the doors.
Yesterday’s expresses their sincere thanks to Newport, locals and tourists for 42 great years.
Yesterday’s | 28 Washington Square | 401-847-0116 | www.yesterdaysnewport.com
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1
- Davis Cup will take place at the International Tennis Hall of Fame this weekend
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: Things to do, live music, and more (Sept. 17 – 19)
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager