According to IMDB, there are more than 100 films, documentaries and tv shows that credit Newport, Rhode Island as a filming location. The What’sUpNewp Crew recently curated what we thought were the 16 Most Popular Movies Filmed in Newport, RI.
Newport Film & Celebrity Tour is now giving you the opportunity to view over fifty clips from films shot on location in and around Newport!
Join Newport Film & Celebrity Tour as they show you Newport from the director’s chair on any Saturday, Sunday or Monday from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The company also does over private tours at any time you’d like for your small group.
The tour departs from Newport Gateway Visitor’s Center and takes each small group in a luxury van (so only ten seats per tour) from downtown Newport to Ocean Drive and back, bringing locations from over a dozen films to life.
The cost per tour is $39 per person and there are special rates for senior citizens and children 12 years old and younger.
Tickets are available for purchase at the Visitor’s Center and by calling 401-864-0392
Pictured: Photo of a scene from Amistad, filmed in Newport in 1997.
The Latest From WUN
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16