Marcos Henrique of Newport discovered something he wasn’t expecting to see while walking on Easton’s Beach just around 8 pm on Monday night, a dead shark was found just feet from volleyball nets at the Atlantic Beach Club.
“I was hanging out with my family after the volleyball league at first beach and my wife found the shark”, Henrique told What’sUpNewp.
The type of shark and cause of death are unknown at this time.
Editor’s Note: At approximately 11 am, a sea turtle was found on First Beach.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)