Photo: George Wein by Ryan Belmore
The 61st Newport Jazz Festival got underway today at Fort Adams State Park with the University of Rhode Island Newport Big Band opening the day and Snarky Puppy closing out the day.
Friday of Newport Jazz Festival is dedicated to featuring young and emerging jazz artists, 15 talented and energetic bands took the stage today at Fort Adams.
Here’s a look at day 1 of the 2015 Newport Jazz Festival…
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”6″ gal_title=”2015 Newport Jazz Festival Day 1″]
The 61st Newport Jazz Festival at Fort Adams State Park will feature Jon Batiste and Stay Human, Jamie Cullum, Cassandra Wilson, Dr. John, Arturo Sandoval, Jack DeJohnette’s Made in Chicago, Cecile McLorin Salvant, Ms. Lisa Fischer & Grand Baton and many others. See The Full Schedule
Tickets are available for the Newport Jazz Festival at www.newportjazzfest.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author