Entering its 7th year, Newport BridgeFest is a local, live music and music education festival that “bridges” the gap between the prestigious Newport Folk and Jazz Festivals for a continuous 10 days of music in our community.
This year’s festival dates are Monday July 27 through Thursday July 30, 2015, here’s the full Newport BridgeFest Schedule…
- 8 AM: Music & Yoga at Island Moving Company featuring live music by Joe Sabourin on etherial bass and EBB & FLOW instructor Katie Moorhead.
- 11 AM – 7 PM: BridgeFest Arts & Crafts Fair @ Trinity Church featuring food from Ben’s Chili Dogs, FREE samples from Orange Leaf Newport, music & shopping. Music by The Met School, Julio Amaro Guitar, Timmy May & Friends.
- 2 PM: Music In the Galleries feat. Kate Grana @ Spring Bull Gallery
- 3 PM: Redwood Library and Athenaeum Educational Event: Improvisation: The Backbone of Jazz featuring Lois Vaughan Music
- 3:30 – 5:30 PM: Windmill Wednesdays hosted by Newport Restoration Foundation at Prescott Farm Windmill feat. Rory and Ric.
- 4 PM: Music In the Galleries featuring Waylon Whitley at Onne van der Wal Nautical Photography
- 4:30 PM: Amy, The Amy Winehouse Story screening at Jane Pickens Theater & Event Center. $10.
- 4:30 PM: Music In the Galleries featuring Clara Maurer at C. L. Sherman’s Gallery
- 6 – 8 PM: Celebrate Jazz @ Queen Anne Square with Prism. Rain location: Jimmy’s Saloon.
- 6 – 10 PM: Busking @ Bowen’s featuring Ilana Katz Katz (6 PM) & Ramblin’ Rhode (8 PM).
- 6 PM: Newport Festivals Foundation presents the 3rd Annual FAMILY CONCERT at The Fort Adams Quad Stage. Concert featuring Guy Davis with Mark Murphy, and the Eli Yamin Trio. Come early for face painting & balloon figures, and food vendors. All ages. Recommended for Children ages 1-10. FREE.
- 7:30 PM: Classical Stage @ St. Matthew’s in Jamestown featuring Parcus Consensio Recorder Consort
- 7:30 PM: The Last Waltz (1978) screening at Jane Pickens Theater & Event Center. $10.
- 8 PM: $5 Hip-Hop night feat. Meta P, DirtyDurdie, Kee-Words & DJ DOX ELLIS at The Motif Magazine Rock Stage @ Jimmy’s Saloon presented in conjunction with Narragansett Beer. 21+ event.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 25 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 10 – 17)
- Common Fence Music to present Dedicated Men of Zion in streaming concert
- Whalers Brewing Company to give a free keg of beer to every bar and restaurant in Rhode Island
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now