The outdoor concert season continues rocking and rolling into Fall at Boston’s Leader Bank Pavilion. Saturday night provided the stage for a memorable show from 90’s alt-rock heroes Counting Crows, along with openers Sean Barna and Matt Sucich.
Behind the always intense vocal of Adam Duritz, the band powered through a fine set before an enthused crowd. It’s a been a while for the band, so fans were treated to all the hits including “Round Here,” “Mr. Jones” and popular covers from the Grateful Dead (“Friend of the Devil”) and Joni Mitchell (“Big Yellow Taxi”).
Encores included the brooding “A Long December,” “Hanging Around,” and “Holiday in Spain.” Concert photographer Rick Farrell was there to cover the action and shares some pics in the gallery below.
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education