Blues-Rock icon George Thorogood and his band the Destroyers rocked hard through a set of classics Sunday, September 19th at Indian Ranch in Webster, MA. One of the original bad boys of rock and roll, Thorogood still has all the energy and guitar chops required to do the job and more.
Under clear blue skies, a near-capacity crowd heard the band power through hits including “I Drink Alone,” “Who Do You Love,” and “Bad to the Bone.”
Joe Louis Walker opened up the show with an inspired set of guitar blues. Be sure to check him out on tour soon.
What’s Up Newp’s music photographer Rick Farrell was there to document the occasion.
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education