Sign up for What’sUpNewp’s free daily newsletter and we’ll keep you in the know of all that’s happening, new, and to do out there.
25,000+ subscribers wake up every morning to it!
As the popularity of Pickleball continues to grow, the City of Newport today announced that Newport Recreation is putting into place new court hours in order to better manage demand and mitigate the neighborhood impacts of what has become one of the City’s most popular sports.
Beginning Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2021, City Pickleball courts will be open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Sundays and 8:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays.
Players are also being asked to limit play to 1 hour if others are waiting, not to abuse nets or other equipment, and to be mindful of neighbors by keeping noise to a minimum.
Signage will be posted at pickleball courts informing players of the new policies, and other general court rules will also apply, including:
• No amplified sound (i.e. music, sound systems)
• No use of residential/commercial equipment (i.e. shovels, leaf blowers, etc…)
• No food, glass, or alcoholic beverages allowed on the courts
• No pets allowed in the court area
• No skateboards, skates, bicycles, or lawn chairs
More information on Newport Recreation programs can be found on the City’s website at www.CityofNewport.com/Recreation.