What’s Up Newp’s content is free to read, and always will be, but we rely on your support to keep it that way.
It takes just 30 seconds and you can choose the amount.
David G. McAuliffe, age 95, of Middletown, RI, passed away on May 15, 2021 at home. He was the beloved husband of Robin (Leso) McAuliffe for over 40 years.
David was born in Providence, RI to the late Simon and Catherine McAuliffe. He joined the US Army as a young man and served in the Air Corps during WWII as an airplane mechanic. He wanted to be a pilot for the Army, but it wasn’t meant to be, despite his love for airplanes. David’s dream of flying came true when he earned a civilian pilot’s license and maintained that license for many years.
David continued to work with airplanes after the war, taking a position at the Quonset Naval Air Station as both an airplane mechanic and supervisor. Upon the closing of the base, he joined the Providence Police Department in the Communications Department.
David is also survived by his daughter, Elizabeth McAuliffe, RSM, Ed.D of Salve Regina University, and many beloved nieces and nephews.
A Memorial Mass will be held at St. Lucy’s Church, 909 West Main Road, Middletown, on June 22 at 9:00 AM.
Memorial donations may be made to the national Alzheimer’s Association.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Sax greats Abate and Moretti release new albums in 2021
- Easton’s Beach reopens for swimming
- Obituary: Anna Maria DeSousa
- Obituary: Manuel G. Moitoza, III
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “In the Heights”
- The Gamm Theatre Announces Auditions for Season 37 (2021-2022)
- Brian C. Jones: In case of emergency, don’t call me
- RIDOH and DEM are advising people to avoid contact with Almy Pond due to a blue-green algae
- Record Store Day returns Saturday, June 12th
- Newport Polo will host its annual Newport Cup on Saturday
- DEM hosting virtual workshop on draft water quality restoration study for Newport water supply reservoirs
- 32 Open Houses to check out this weekend in Newport County (June 11 – 13)
- Newport leaders to pay respects for former sister-city Mayor
- Governor McKee, RIDOH provide COVID-19 Vaccination Update
- Top 10 ‘must-see and do’ events and attractions in Boston this summer