What’s Up Newp’s content is free to read, and always will be, but we rely on your support to keep it that way.
It takes just 30 seconds and you can choose the amount.
Gustave White Sotheby’s International Realty today announced that the“Normandie” estate at 232 Ocean Avenue in Newport has hit the market for $15 million.
Located on Ocean Drive, this property sits on almost four and a half secluded oceanfront acres and includes three separate private swimming coves.
According to Gustave White, the house was built in 1914 and was designed by the noted New York City architectural firm Delano & Aldrich. Delano stated in a magazine article years ago, “This house on the Ocean Drive in Newport was designed to grow from the rocks on which it stands and by which it is surrounded.”
The house, at 8,000 square feet has seven bedrooms and seven full baths with tiled floors, a multitude of fireplaces, curved wooden-arched formal dining room ceiling, beechwood paneled interior walls, and much more. An attached two-bedroom apartment is located along the east wing.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Obituary: Claire E. (Randall) Curtis
- Obituary: Marianne F. (Fitzgerald) Marley
- Forum Lodge awards scholarships to two Aquidneck Island high school graduates
- Robert Berry, rock musician and former member of Keith Emerson’s “3” joins What’s Up Newp for a live virtual conversation on Monday
- Sax greats Abate and Moretti release new albums in 2021
- Easton’s Beach reopens for swimming
- Obituary: Anna Maria DeSousa
- Obituary: Manuel G. Moitoza, III
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “In the Heights”
- The Gamm Theatre Announces Auditions for Season 37 (2021-2022)
- Brian C. Jones: In case of emergency, don’t call me
- RIDOH and DEM are advising people to avoid contact with Almy Pond due to a blue-green algae
- Record Store Day returns Saturday, June 12th
- Newport Polo will host its annual Newport Cup on Saturday
- DEM hosting virtual workshop on draft water quality restoration study for Newport water supply reservoirs