Happy Birthday to Newport’s own Susan Cowsill!
The youngest member the popular family band The Cowsills, who charmed TV audiences in the late 60’s, turns 62 on May 20th.
Cowsill was born in Canton, Ohio in 1959, but moved to Newport as a child. She sang and danced on many Top 40 Cowsills hits including “The Rain, The Park and Other Things,” “Indian Lake” and “Hair.”
Along with members of her family, Cowsill was inducted into the RI Music Hall of Fame in 2013. She continues to perform solo and as a member of the Cowsills, with her brothers Bob and Paul.
You can see the band live on the “Happy Together Tour” along with 60’s era acts The Turtles, The Vogues and The Association this summer. Shows are currently scheduled are listed here.
More from What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up Newp Legislative Survey: Rep. Lauren Carson
- Jay Leno surprises Bit Players audience with a 30-minute set of stand-up comedy
- Gerry Goldstein: Holiday sweets, baked strictly by the numbers
- Buy Local “Six Picks” – Local Art and Gift shops
- Opinion: Bishop’s 4th Street Diner and the North End Urban Plan
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met