What’s Up Newp’s content is free to read, and always will be, but we rely on your support to keep it that way.
It takes just 30 seconds and you can choose the amount.
Waves of dazzling yellow daffodils this April heralded a return to much needed, brighter days for all. We’d like to express our gratitude to those who celebrated with Daffodil Days programs, including the Audrain Automotive Museum and their Driving Miss Daffodil car rally, the Newport City Recreation Department for their “Great Daffodil Hunt, The Preservation Society of Newport County for its Green Animals Daffodil Tour and Talk and our new partner, Newport in Bloom, for conducting the annual Daffodil Window Decorating contest. They, along with our sponsors, donors and all who got their hands dirty planting bulbs last fall, have earned Newport the sobriquet “Daffiest City in New England.’’
The continued generosity of our sponsors and donors now allow us to re-establish our annual “gift to the street” – the Daffodil Bulb Give-away on Saturday, October 16 from 9-noon at Easton’s Beach.
With Newport’s 1,213,017 daffodils slowly and sadly losing their blooms, Newport’s Daffodil Days reminds all growers to leave the green leaves and shoots in place until they brown, thus ensuring healthy daffodils for next spring.
Director, Newport Daffodil Days
More From What’s Up Newp
- Sax greats Abate and Moretti release new albums in 2021
- Easton’s Beach reopens for swimming
- Obituary: Anna Maria DeSousa
- Obituary: Manuel G. Moitoza, III
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “In the Heights”
- The Gamm Theatre Announces Auditions for Season 37 (2021-2022)
- Brian C. Jones: In case of emergency, don’t call me
- RIDOH and DEM are advising people to avoid contact with Almy Pond due to a blue-green algae
- Record Store Day returns Saturday, June 12th
- Newport Polo will host its annual Newport Cup on Saturday
- DEM hosting virtual workshop on draft water quality restoration study for Newport water supply reservoirs
- 32 Open Houses to check out this weekend in Newport County (June 11 – 13)
- Newport leaders to pay respects for former sister-city Mayor
- Governor McKee, RIDOH provide COVID-19 Vaccination Update
- Top 10 ‘must-see and do’ events and attractions in Boston this summer