NEWPORT, R.I. (TUESDAY, May 25, 2021) – Newport City Hall and Offices have once again opened to the public with walk-in hours available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
For the health and wellness of the community, all employees and members of the general public, vaccinated and unvaccinated, are asked to continue to wear a face-covering while engaging in all business transactions in all City offices.
In addition, upon initial entry into City Hall, all employees and members of the general public will be required to utilize a self-screening temperature kiosk located at the Bull Street side entrance; Broadway ground floor entrance; or Broadway elevator entrance area. Please note that doors will be locked at all City offices at 3:00 p.m., however staff will be available via phone and email for the duration of normal business hours.
Public meetings, including those held by the City Council, Zoning Board of Review, Planning Board, and Historic District Commission, will also continue to be held virtually in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order on Open Meetings.
A number of a online services are also offered through the City’s website at www.CityofNewport.com.
More from What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up Newp Legislative Survey: Rep. Lauren Carson
- Jay Leno surprises Bit Players audience with a 30-minute set of stand-up comedy
- Gerry Goldstein: Holiday sweets, baked strictly by the numbers
- Buy Local “Six Picks” – Local Art and Gift shops
- Opinion: Bishop’s 4th Street Diner and the North End Urban Plan
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met