Subscribe to What’s Up Newp’s daily newsletter
Be the first to know about breaking news, articles, and updates.
Governor Daniel McKee and the Rhode Island Department of Health hosted their weekly COVID-19 briefing at 1 pm on Thursday, March 25 to provide an update on COVID-19 in Rhode Island.
A few big takeaways;
>> When will you get your first dose of COVID-19 vaccine? The Rhode Island Department of Health rolled out this updated estimated timeline today.
- 50-59 is next, eligible on April 5.
- 40-49 on April 12.
- 16-39 on April 19.
>> Those (of any age) interested in receiving a vaccine should sign up for the Vaccine Interest Notification List at http://portal.ri.gov or call 844-930-1779. The state will contact you when an appointment is available for you.
>> Restrictions on businesses will loosen even further starting tomorrow.
- Restaurants/events outdoor table seat count increased to 10 people.
- Self-service seating will be allowed.
- Gyms may open shower facilities.
- Businesses no longer need to keep a cleaning log paperwork.