Governor Daniel McKee and the Rhode Island Department of Health hosted their weekly COVID-19 briefing at 1 pm on Thursday, March 25 to provide an update on COVID-19 in Rhode Island.
A few big takeaways;
>> When will you get your first dose of COVID-19 vaccine? The Rhode Island Department of Health rolled out this updated estimated timeline today.
- 50-59 is next, eligible on April 5.
- 40-49 on April 12.
- 16-39 on April 19.
>> Those (of any age) interested in receiving a vaccine should sign up for the Vaccine Interest Notification List at http://portal.ri.gov or call 844-930-1779. The state will contact you when an appointment is available for you.
>> Restrictions on businesses will loosen even further starting tomorrow.
- Restaurants/events outdoor table seat count increased to 10 people.
- Self-service seating will be allowed.
- Gyms may open shower facilities.
- Businesses no longer need to keep a cleaning log paperwork.