VillageMD announced today that it has expanded into Rhode Island, successfully opening 12 new Village Medical practices on March 1.
The Village Medical clinics are located in Providence, Kent, Newport and Washington counties with nearly 70 primary care providers including experienced physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
“We’re excited to open 12 new Village Medical practices in the Ocean State and welcome an experienced team of providers, including Drs. Scott Wilson and Jonathan Martin. They share our vision for providing accessible, quality healthcare and service to their patients,” said Tim Barry, CEO and chairman of VillageMD in a statement. “Additionally, by joining Village Medical, the providers will be able to leverage our high-tech, high-touch primary care model to provide exceptional care and service to more patients.”
The 12 clinics are the first Village Medical locations in Rhode Island and the 65th for the Chicago-based healthcare provider, including practices in Austin, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Murray, Ky., Northfield, N.J., Westland, Mich., and Phoenix.
Village Medical offers comprehensive primary care across a broad range of physician services, along with virtual care and telehealth.
According to Village Medical, they offer a comprehensive suite of primary care services including preventative care, treatment for illness and injury, and management of chronic conditions such as diabetes, congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and kidney disease.
Learn more about the services at each Rhode Island location here.
“We’re thrilled to grow our practice and serve more patients in the area with Village Medical. We will continue our dedicated, high-quality care and service to our patients. Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, our patients understand the importance of an ongoing relationship with their primary care provider and we’re looking forward to continuing that with Village Medical. We’re also excited to introduce our patients to more enhanced patient experiences including Village Medical’s state-of-the-art technology,” said Scott Wilson, M.D., who has practiced primary care in Rhode Island for more than 20 years.
The new Village Medical practices are located at the following locations (alphabetical by town);
- 982 Tiogue Avenue in Coventry, R.I.
- 2140 Mendon Road in Cumberland, R.I.
- 106 Nate Whipple Highway, Suite 101 in Cumberland, R.I.
- 63 Cedar Avenue, Suite 7 in East Greenwich, R.I.
- 450 Veterans Memorial Parkway, Unit 15B in East Providence, R.I.
- 2 Wake Robin Road, Suite 103 in Lincoln, R.I.
- 67 Valley Road in Middletown, R.I.
- 1195 N. Main Street in Providence, R.I.
- 400 Putnam Pike in Smithfield, R.I.
- 4300 Post Road in Warwick, R.I.
- 1131 Warwick Avenue in Warwick, R.I.
- 77 Franklin Street in Westerly, R.I.
Village Medical says that their patients will have access to same-day appointments and virtual health visits with a Village Medical provider.
Additionally, Village Medical patients can take advantage of Village Medical at Home, which provides in-home primary care visits with experienced primary care providers. Village Medical patients also benefit from VillageMD’s patent-pending docOS
To learn more, make an appointment or view all Village Medical locations, please visit www.villagemedical.com.
The Latest From WUN
- Cathleen Carr named new executive director of newportFILM
- Ocean State Job Lot hosting hiring events at all store locations
- Potter League to host 32nd Annual Heart & Sole Walk for Animals at Fort Adams
- The Beach Boys To play Mohegan Sun Arena on New Year’s Eve
- FirstWorks to present “Women Trailblazers in Music” in November