Organizers and supporters of The Secret Garden Tour are inviting the public to join them for “Summer Tour – A New View” a self-guided walking tour through Newport’s historic Point section July 9-11.
Organizers say that this year’s garden tour has been moved to July to showcase the spectacular gardens on the tour when they are at their peak. Gardens that have been perennial favorites on the tour will look very different to past visitors with spectacular seasonal flora in bloom including a huge variety of hydrangeas and daylilies.
The tours will run daily from 10 am until 5 pm. Tickets will be limited and sold for two sessions each day – 10:00 am until 1:30 pm and 1:30 pm until 5:00 pm.
Tickets are now available for the Summer 2021 Tours and can be purchased in advance online at www.secretgardentours.org for a discounted rate of $20.
Follow Secret Garden Tour’s Facebook Page for updates, events, beautiful garden photos, and more. The tour will be operated in accordance with appropriate COVID safety guidelines.
Since 1984, the organizers and supporters of The Secret Garden Tour have been dedicated to enhancing art education and cultural programs in Aquidneck Island’s Public Schools, funding dozens of programs in music, theater and fine arts for local schoolchildren. To date, The Secret Garden Tour has given more than $1 million to Aquidneck Island students in public schools for art, music, theater and other cultural programming. For additional information, be sure to visit the website.
Source: Newport Secret Garden Tours
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals