Roughly 4,000 first dose appointments will be made available on vaccinateRI.org on Tuesday morning at 9 am for those eligible for the vaccine, according to Joseph Wendelken, Public Information Officer for Rhode Island Department of Health.
These appointments will be for March 30, April 1, April 2, and April 3 (1,000 appointments per day) at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence. These will be appointments for Moderna vaccine.
Vaccine appointments are currently open to people who are 60 years and older who live, work, or go to school in Rhode Island and people who are 16 years and older with one or more qualifying underlying medical conditions who live, work, or go to school in Rhode Island.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now